Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fabulous Common Core Resource


One of the things that's great about the Common Core State Standards is that they are, well, common.  That means that great educational minds across the country are all working on resources for the same standards.  I was researching one of the math standards, and I stumbled on the work that North Carolina has done.  They have something they call Unpacking Standards that is fabulous!  For each standard, they provide explanations and examples of what instruction for that standard actually looks like.  They have the Unpacking Standards for both math and language arts.  There are other resources on the webpage as well, including a great document on the use of number lines with the CCSS  You'll want to book mark this website!



11 comments:

  1. I love this website. It has helped me so much this summer when completing my pacing guide and plans.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so proud to teach in NC. You should also check out our math wiki. http://maccss.ncdpi.wikispaces.net/ :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Casey! Thanks so much for sharing that link. Gorgeous countryside, pleasant weather, awesome math...what does NC not have?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the information! I have already saved the site as a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the website link! I have it bookmarked as well!!!!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saved it to my favorites. This is such great information to have. Thank you for letting us know about this site.
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great website! Arizona also has a good website with the CCSS unpacked. Love your stuff too :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing!!! TN has a great website too!

    I amyour newest follower!

    Greg
    Www.kindergartensmorgasboard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharing resources is one reason why I'm a big fan of CCS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this! I've got it bookmarked.

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...